An observation while constructing my argument to the South Dakota Office of Hearing Examiners and counterpointing Alcester City Attorney Sam Nelson’s quotation of statute in his denial letter.
What I found interesting is the citation of statute struck a chord of recognition. I had been going through the file of my 2016 application to the Office of Hearing Examiners to refresh my memory of process and elements of such a complaint when I came across a letter dated October 4, 2016, allegedly composed by Mayor Glas.
Please note the section which reads the City of Alcester is citing 1-27-1.5 (12) and (22) for denying the release of names. H-m-m why does that look familiar? Oh I know….
Now look a City Attorney Sam’s letter, please note the first paragraph section which reads, “…with respect to the 09/10/2019 request…SDCL 1-27-1.5 (12) and (22) exempt this information from disclosure…”
So did FO Pat get the 2016 citation from Beresford Sam? So was Mayor Glas and FO Pat already cutting Alcester City Attorney Haugland out?
Ode to Sam*
*inspired by the poem Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Seuss, D. (1960). Green eggs and ham. New York: Beginner Books.
I am Sam! That is WHO says I am-I am Sam? Yeah, I AM Sam!
- Do you like to eat crow from a can?
- Sam does not eat crow from a can, Sam? Sam is that WHO says I am?
- I do not like to eat crow from a can.
- I do not want to eat crow from your hand!
- Would you like to eat crow from a can?
- Would you like to eat crow from my hand?
- I would not like to eat crow from your hand
- Of that I sure am! Nope, no crow for Sam-I-am
- I would not like crow in a tiny house listening to Straus…
- I would not like crow on a Second street…
- I would not like crow on a North Third street…
- I would not like crow on a Fifth street…
- I would not like crow on South Main…that would be a pain
- I will not eat crow even ‘on the house’…
- I will not eat crow with a trial team…
- I will not eat crow with a marine…
- I will not eat crow in a lobby, I will not eat crow with a lobby
- I will not eat crow even as a hobby ’cause
I am Sam! That is WHO says I am, I am Sam?